We all have them... You know all those things you wish you could do if only you "had more time?" Lately I've been thinking about all those things... And with the pink slip I received a couple weeks ago--standard procedure in my district for all non tenured teachers--and the the way things are going for public school teachers right now, there is a chance "thinking" about those things may actually turn into an opportunity to "do" those things in a couple of months.
Now let me preface this by saying, I am not
But, back to those "things" ... I've compiled a list of things I'd love to do with a little more free time.
1. Finish my art wall in my office (Ugh... even with mock ups and fantastic directions and suggestions from my girl Cozy over at http://www.cozylittlecave.com/ I feel so lost. I can be crafty for smaller projects, but I have a hard time envisioning major projects and executing them nicely. Plus, obtaining all the items I want for my art wall isn't really in my budget right now. I did just get a pink slip... But it's always in the back of my mind.)
2. Work out more. (Not that I have a gym membership or anything...)
3. Read more! I just finished a fantastic book that will probably get it's own post. While reading this book, I couldn't put it down and it made me miss reading for fun. Between reading for graduate classes and grading essays, it's difficult to dedicate time to leisure reading anymore.
4. Spend more quality time with my husband. (As I read this we are sitting just a few feet from each other on a cozy evening at home. How nice, right? Not really. We are both on our respective laptops typing away furiously, not engaging in any conversation and, in essence, wasting away an evening together. Although he is actually working so I have to cut him some slack for tonight. But regardless, this shouldn't be on my list of things to do if I end up unemployed in September. Mental note: Change this ASAP.)
5. Take a cake decorating class. (I've always wanted to do this but I can't find anyone to do it with me! There are classes in Michael's and AC Moore but I don't enjoy walking into a new situation and not knowing anyone. Therefore since no one will do this with me, I have yet to sign up for the class by myself. Lame, I know.)
6. Take a class for writing children's lit. (This is more of a bucket list goal. One day I will write a book. One day.)
7. Spend more time doing things by the water. Our
There's so many more things I'd love to do if I suddenly had all the time in the world. However, baby steps. Summer is almost here. Even if I have the opportunity to work summer school, my work schedule is slashed in half. I can surely get started on something from this list!
I should add a number 8. Blog more. I could even blog about the progress of this list! Genius idea!