Saturday, February 5, 2011

Moving is awesome!

Except for the fact that it's not. It's so not awesome. At all. The new place is awesome. And it will be even more awesome when we get all our stuff in and we're all settled... but in the meantime? So completely the exact opposite of awesome.

We took the place I fell in love with and already have the key. Luckily we don't have to be out of our apartment now until the end of February. So we have the entire month to move. Fortunately we live close enough to the new place that we can pack things up and drive them over a few nights a week. All the big stuff will make the transition on Feb. 19th.

I can't wait to be in the new place. Everything is in disarray. I feel like I'm on an episode of Hoarders. And for those of you who think you have a messy house, I have photographic evidence that my living quarters are currently a million times worse than yours.






















































This is actually mild in comparison to the last few days... I'd show you pictures of my bedroom but it's embarassing. It's ten times worse than the rest of the apt. WITHOUT having been ransacked for packing purposes. ;-)

I'm excited for this move and grateful to have something to keep me busy. D and I have had a difficult time lately with some personal things going on and this move has proven to be a welcomed distraction. It's a bittersweet move in many ways but hopefully once we are settled it will prove to be much sweeter and less and less bitter.

Anyway...here's some fun stuff to look at. I'm IN LOVE with my new bedroom set that I found online. I am a zebra fanatic and this set will look great with our new bedroom furniture.

We are going to do a red accent wall in the bedroom similar to this color:















I'm looking forward to decorating and seeing how everything turns out. Before and after pictures to come :)

1 comment: