Saturday, November 27, 2010

I won't bore you with the details...

...because for that you can just check out my About Me or uber fascinating profile! Instead, for my first post I will make a shocking confession. Ready?

This blog, although something I genuinely considered doing for quite some time, was conceived by and born unto Procrastination and Motivation. How is that possible, you ask? It's quite simple actually...(Thank you, Paula Abdul, for reminding us that opposites DO attract!)




I tend to procrastinate every minute of every day. I like to fool myself into thinking I work well under pressure, but really, I do! The odd thing about the procrastination that I find myself most often experiencing is that, while I am usually procrastinating on taking care of an important task, I become EXTREMELY motivated to do something completely unnecessary.

Hence, this blog. Did I want to start one? Sure. Did I NEED to start one last night? Absolutely not. But I was so focused on putting off what I needed to do that I succumbed to the nagging urge to work on something utterly superfluous. See? Procrastination and Motivation.

So there you have it. There's the story of how the little gem of a blog was conceived. Tell all your friends. No really, tell them. I want followers.

While I COULD get into the laundry list of things that I should've been doing last night while setting up my pretty fonts and beautiful header, I won't. That's boring. Let's keep it light, shall we? Instead, I'll just go ahead and get started on that laundry list of chores now that the pressure of writing a semi-witty first post in order to set the tone of my blog is now behind me. Yup. That's what I'll do. Go get started on those tasks... Riiiight now. Just as soon as I am done grouping my hair care products by color and then rearranging them into height order...

No comments:

Post a Comment